Divergent - Veronica Roth Not the Hunger Games.Yes this is a dystopian Novel with a strong heroine but, that is where the comparison should end. This is a book about choices and how one choice can transform your life forever. Beatrice grew up abnegation, it is a selfless life devoted to helping others. But she has a choice to make, when teenagers are 16 they take a test and decide which of five factions to choose for the rest of their lives during a ceremony. That is where our adventure begins.Tris changes her life forever when she chooses the Dauntless a faction completely different from the one she grew up in. Now she has to learn how to fight, be brave and earn a spot in their society. It is completely different from the quiet life of selflessness she has left behind.I loved the MC of this story. She is strong and determined. Veronica Roth painted an interesting world full of dangers and wonders. I pull for Tris the whole time as she is learning she is so much more than the small stiff girl she has been seen as her whole life. The mystery of what divergence is and why the authorities are afraid of them is just as interesting as her journey in this new faction. The romance between Tris and Four is touching and believable. The supporting characters in the Dauntless faction are some of my favorites. Will and Christina are also faction transfers and have some great lines. They give a sense of what it was like to grow up in a few of the other factions. Christina is from Candor and like the name suggests tells the truth (without the sugar coating). Will is from Erudite who value knowledge above all, he memorizes bus routes for fun. Tris also bonds with Uriah and Marlene who grew up Dauntless they are free spirited, loud, brave and fun. The action of the book comes to a head toward the end and it is gripping. I couldn’t put this book down once I started. The best thing about the bad characters is that they are believable. They aren’t trying to be bad they just see the world a different way and are trying to save the world too the best way they know how. I get where they are coming from for the most part.Divergent is a great first novel from Veronica Roth. I can’t wait to return to this world again.