Brightly Woven - Alexandra Bracken Solid debut novel. 3.75 starsThis is more of a story of romance that just happens to also be fantasy. I think if you are a huge fan of fantasy perhaps you will be let down as there is not over-description of world around our main character. But if you like a good slow burning romantic build up, I'm a sucker for those, then this is a book for you. Sydella has grown up in a small village that has been plagued by drought for years. The village on the outskirts of the providence is invaded by the neighboring country's soldiers in preparation of an upcoming war. A wizard comes to town and with him came rain that has not been seen for ten years. For his reward he asks for Sydella to come with him. There the journey begins, Syd and North race toward the capitol in hopes they can stop the war trying to avoid those that would stop them along the way. The ideas behind magic and how different wizards used magic was so interesting. I especially liked the way North changed with Sydella. How with her fire and determination she helped him be the best man he could be. The story had enough twists and turns to keep me guessing and wanting to turn the page to see what happened next.The only things that lowered the rating was sometimes the conversation seemed a little disjointed and I had to re-read sentences to get the emotion that was trying to be conveyed and Even though Sydella talks about how she feels something more toward North and she pours love into the cloak she makes him they never really have that moment when both say I love you. It is always implied and North is home to her now and she chooses him but never actually says "I love you". It is another reason I didn't give it a higher rating.Good fantasy lite romance that left me wanting to read more about the characters at the end.