The Gate Thief - Orson Scott Card I’m not sure how I feel about this book it is muddled in my mind. First I generally have enjoyed books by Orson Scott Card and some of the story was there for me and other aspects just missed the mark. Things I liked include:The back story of Bel and Loki and understanding why Loki decided to start eating gates. I enjoyed Loki/Wad’s half of the story on Westil trying to help Anonoei get her sons to safety and revenge on Queen Bexoi. The Westil part of the story was very intriguing for me and played out well. The flow was good and I wanted to learn more. Learning more about Mages was cool and Danny figuring out his new powers and coming out to some of his friends all good parts to the story. I also like Anonoei’s boys I think that is setting up nicely to turn into something in the next bookThings I didn’t like:All the introspection and explanation of the Kah and Bah the innerself and outerself I think I just re-fell asleep typing that. Also the addition of even more magic or the whole new Egyptian lore added on top of the Norse lore it just seemed like an overabundance of mythology and then they threw Jesus on top of all that. But my biggest gripe is why why why does every girl in Danny’s life now want to sleep with him? Not only do they want to sleep with him which maybe I might buy into with his new godlike status, but they want to have his baby. What teenage girl in her right mind is looking to sleep with someone in high school just to get pregnant? To me that part was ridiculous and took up way too much time.The parts of the book I liked I really liked but the parts I hated I absolutely hated. There were some great twists at the end but honestly I was a little bored by then. This was an okay book and I will probably read the last one to see how it all plays out hoping that this is just the middle book syndrome and the third book will be able to rise above the drudgery.