Unwind - Neal Shusterman What a surprise! When I read the premise of the book I was like o.k. interesting but I got it from the library and it sat waiting to be opened until the day before it was due. Once I started I was enthralled…omg why did I wait so long to start. One of the most original stories I have ever read.“Unwinds didn't go out with a bang-they didn't even go out with a whimper. they went out with the silence of a candle flame pinched between two fingers.”This is a creepy and at times disturbing book told mostly from the point of three teenagers that have been given to the government to Unwind and use for parts. Connor is a troubled youth that his parents decided to have unwound instead of dealing with him. Risa is a ward of the state with no parents and since they need to reduce the number of teenagers by 5% due to the budget is deemed unimportant and set to be unwound. Lev comes from a religion that tithes and has known his whole life that when he turns 13 he will be sent to a harvest camp to be unwound or pretty much cut up into parts and put in other people. This book has a mind blowingly fast pace. There is always something happening and told from all the different vantage points it is amazing the full picture that is presented. You can get a little caught up in the philosophy of the premise, hey you can’t abort a baby but you can wait until that baby is 13 and then decide to Unwind them which isn’t technically death since all the parts are used or drop it on someone else’s porch and then it is just there problem. Some of the ideas are so twisted and shown in the extreme but it is fascinating and I really loved how even the characters could see the good and the bad of most sides.“In a perfect world everything would be either black or white, right or wrong, and everyone would know the difference. But this isn't a perfect world. The problem is people who think it is.”It was a non-stop rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, who do you trust, what is really going on and hoping that our characters make it out in one piece. Definitely a must read you will not be disappointed.