Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost “You're not a woman," he said finally. "You're the Grim Reaper with red hair!”A female Blade in her early years as a vampire hunter. Cat has a few daddy issues, one is she doesn’t know who he is since he raped her mother and then vanished. But twenty two years later and she is looking for him. Not for a hug and kiss reunion but more of a stake and kill one. She is still a little green and gets captured and propositioned but a charming dangerous and funny British bloke Bones. I will say that while the premise of the book isn’t completely original I enjoyed the story so much. The rapport between Cat and Bones and their banter was comical and had quite a few moments of dark humor. Cats transformation from a prudish little girl into a kick-ass heroine under the tutelage of Bones was entertaining and kept me hooked into the story. Bones is an interesting romantic interest and the English accent in my mind doesn’t hurt his heartthrob status. Cat’s backstory was well done and her mother was a trip. I really liked how being with Bones and learning about Vampire culture really changed how Cat saw the world after her mother planted all of her own prejudices into her daughter.This was a fun and fast read and I will be looking forward to reading the rest in this series.