Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaniene Frost While I liked Destined for an Early Grave there is a lot of angst between Cat and Bones. Bones always tries to overprotect Cat and Cat tends to try and sacrifice herself to save those she loves. It causes so many issues in this installment that my heart broke for them at times and then at other times I wanted to slap both characters. But those of you who are married know how stupid some of the stuff you fight over is so in that regard it was true to life.“That's what vampires do, Kitten. We always come for what's ours, no matter the circumstances."Gregor is a very good bad guy and tests Cat in ways she hasn’t been tested before. He has powers equal to if not better than Bones. Bones is in rare form and sometimes a jackass but in the end he is still our loveable Bones. There were definitely some twists that I didn’t see coming per say and some I totally saw coming. Meeting the Queen of the Ghouls in New Orleans is interesting and I hope to learn more about her in future books. There are as always guest appearances but almost every previous character from the other books for one thing or another and while there were a few great one liners and zingers this really was a slightly more serious book because of the angst and strife between Cat and Bones but I think overall it developed their characters more. The best line in the book is “Then you remember the dream,” Mencheres stated. “That bodes ill.” The fear of that made my reply snappy. “Hey, Walks Like An Egyptian, how about for once you drop the formal stuff and talk like you live in the twenty-first century?” The shit’s gonna splatter, start buggin’, yo,” Mencheres responded instantly. Like all the previous installments of this series it was difficult to put down and I read the majority of it in a day. There is plenty of action and deeper insight into a few characters. Vlad is quickly becoming one of my favorites along with Spade. The series might be starting to drop off a little but this book still held everything I love about the series to a high level.Just an FYI I have heard that you really need to read the side series books 1 and 2 before starting the 5th in this series so I will be onto First Drop of Crimson next about Denise and Spade.