Succubus Dreams - Richelle Mead 4.25 Stars“The love in his eyes was so powerful, I needed to look away. Seth had an amazing grasp of the English language, but there were days when that skill was nothing compared to what he told me in his looks.”This book put me through an emotional ringer. RM definitely pushed the emotional envelope with her characters in this installment and my heart did flip flops more than once. Georgina and Seth are desperately trying to figure out their relationship but it just seems they can’t catch a break. All of Georgina’s friends seem to be against her relationship, well except Carter, and she is starting to worry about Seth’s mortality plus not being able to have sex with the one person you desperately love seems to be adding to the dysfunction in their relationship.But Georgina doesn’t have a ton of time to deal with that because something is zapping all her power out while she is sleeping. She is also having vivid dreams of herself and a little girl that consume her waking thoughts. Erik isn’t able to help but leads her to Dante a dream expert. There is also a group of Angels about in the city looking into something and using Georgina’s apartment as a type of headquarters. Also, the imp that brokered Georgina’s deal is in town and is trying to cause problems too along with Tawny the new succubus on the block. When it rains it pours.Some of the plot devices in this were predictable, that said I didn’t care. I saw the ending coming and still it unraveled in a way that kept me completely engaged and emotionally on edge with a few surprises twisted in. The subplot for the entire series is still building and I have a lot of theories but none of them have been proven or dismissed yet. Even as much as I enjoy the supernatural mystery happening I’m engaged in the romance between Seth and Georgina.“This is a, uh, friendship ring right?”“Yeah, don’t worry. If I propose, you’ll know it. For one thing, I’ll be hyperventilating.” A sly smile—surprisingly sexy—turned up his lips. “And it’ll be a ruby.”“Rubies? No diamonds? Too expensive for the old writer’s salary, huh?”He made a disparaging grunt at that. “No, I just think diamonds are common, that’s all. If I get married, it’ll be because something uncommon is occurring. Besides, you wear a lot of red, right? I know how important it is for your accessories to match.”This was the hardest book in the series for me to get through. Not because of the writing but because of the heartache I felt for characters. Still it this was the best book in the series so far and I will give RM some props for taking chances and possibly even going against the grain. If you have been a fan of this series so far I do not think you will be disappointed.