The Warrior Heir - Cinda Williams Chima “Just remember who you are... The world will try to change you into someone else. Don't let them. That's the best advice anyone can give you.”“The Warrior Heir is a contemporary fantasy and coming of age story. It is the classic tale of boy who finds out he has a gift and learning how to hone that gift. Jack is a likeable character, he is kind and a good friend. His family and friends have kept him safe his whole life but now he has to learn how to use his gift before he is discovered and possibly killed.“You look like a boy who has eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge and doesn't like the taste.”This is a dangerous world for Warriors as they are trained to be used in a battle to the death much like the roman gladiators were. If they win the house they fight for wins control of the land, magical items and the governing counsel, if they lose they die. I liked the idea of this magical almost medieval underworld right in the middle of today’s society. The backstory of why the tournament came to be and the legend of how the guilds were established were new in interesting. I enjoyed a shout out to George R.R. Martin when they ‘Woke the Dragon’ hehe…. Some of the book was predictable, I had already figured out a few of the big reveals long before they happened, especially who the other warrior was. But I was surprised by the resolution of the story overall.This is a good book if you like fantasy and don’t mind a few lulls to get to the end. Fantasy isn’t my overall favorite genre so while I liked it, it wasn’t the end all be all. I will give the next book in the series a read though because I am interested in the world and want to see what happens after the events at the end of the book.