First Grave on the Right - Darynda Jones 4.5 Stars“If I couldn't be a good example, I'd just have to be a horrible warning.”I want to be Charley Davidson….I can’t say that I have ever read a book and was like omg I want to be that girl. I mean I love characters in other books don’t get me wrong but who really wants to be Katness, or Georgina Kincaid, okay okay I maybe want to be MacKayla Lane (cuz seriously Barons would be worth it) but I totally wanted to be Charley. If it wasn’t for the fact that it appears to be Kill Charley Davidson week I think I’d consider it seriously. We are already both addicted to coffee and not morning people so I’m like 8% on my way already. “You called me at four thirty-four....I hate four thirty-four. I think four thirty-four should be banned and replaced with something more reasonable, like, say, nine twelve.”Not only is she the most quick witted, snarky, smart and absolutely funny character I read, I mean she named her breasts Danger and Will Robinson, she is also having hot, the heavens open up and choirs sing halleluiah, sex every night in her dreams with talk dark and masculine. Not to mention the fact that she is a Private Investigator that helps solve crimes, see ghosts because she is also a Grim Reaper and she has death incarnate as a protector. Like I said bad ass“My calculations - allowing for a 12 percent margin of error, based on the radius of the corresponding confidence interval and the surgeon general's warning - concluded that they (ghosts) probably didn't stay behind for the tacos.” The story was totally different than anything I thought it would be. I mean sure she helps people that have been murdered or have lingering business on this side find closure so they can cross over to the other side, nothing really unusual there. But, the intertwined story of finding the man from her dreams….well let me just say that I didn’t see that one coming at all. The story behind Reyes, the man in her bed did not go even close to the direction I thought it would and I was floored by the big reveal of who and what he was. That doesn’t happen to me very often, I usually clue in ahead of time.All the side characters were entertaining and the banter absolutely the funniest dialog I’ve read between characters. Her sex obsessed secretary and neighbor Cookie, Swopes fellow PI who is having a hard time believing in her gift, her Uncle on the police force she helps solve crimes all were great sounding boards for Charley and her unique dialog. She had so many great one liners that it was absolutely charmingly hilarious. I wish I could get away with saying half the stuff she did.If you are looking for a strong heroine who is smart, funny, charming and doesn’t take crap from anyone this is right up your ally. This is one of the strongest ratings I’ve given to a book at the beginning of a series. I can’t wait to see what else is in store for Charley.