Twice Tempted - Jeaniene Frost “You can have all of me, I silently told him, but I'm taking all of you in return.”Leila is an all or nothing kind of girl, Vlad is a my way or the highway kind of guy. Those two attributes don’t always go so well together and personalities definitely clash at times throughout the book. Just when Leila is sure that Vlad’s brother is dead and she is safe she returns to her old life only to find out someone is still trying to take her hostage again or kill her. But she isn’t sure if it is Vlad or someone else. Maximus is trying to win her heart but it still only beats for Vlad a man she isn’t quite sure she can trust.I still enjoy all of the Night Huntress books and there spin offs. They are always action packed and full of great bad guys. The love story of Leila and Vlad really captivated me, I liked being able to see inside of Vlad’s head at times to really get a better idea of the man he is. At times he comes across as so harsh that he might seem quite unlovable but seeing the fierce side of him protecting the people around him makes him sympathetic.“Vlad made a sound too harsh to be a growl. "You won't be satisfied until you've brought me to my knees, is that it?""Why not?" It shot out of me with all the recklessness of my still-broken heart. "You brought me to mine.”The story always progresses along so fast and I can’t help it I always finish these books in a day. The story totally took a different twist in the middle once Vlad and Leida worked out a few things. But once I thought about it a little I decided that why would Vlad wait to do anything once his mind was made up about it, he is a conqueror after all. So while there was a little bit of a shift from the story in the middle I just went with it since I really like the romance part as much as the action.If you like Vlad in the other series books no reason that you won’t like this one as well. Little drift from the action but it set up for the next book about Leila and Vlad to kick some bad guy butt. There are small appearances from Bones, Cat and Menchures but not for more than just a few pages each. These can be read on there own but are definitely better if you have read all the other books in the Night Huntress Series first.