Spirit and Dust - Rosemary Clement-Moore “I was not supposed to end up freezing my ass off in a remake of Harry Potter meets The Italian Job by way of Fargo.”Texas Gothic was so interesting that I decided to read more about a different member of the Goodnight family, Daisy Goodnight. I really liked the idea of a family peppered with psychics, mediums, kitchen witches and other paranormal oddities. It started out pretty strong but at the end turned a little bit too much into a Night at the Museum meets The Mummy for my taste.Daisy is a teenage, 17 almost 18 year old, physic who helps the FBI with murder cases since she can interact with dead people or remnants of spirits. After the kidnapping of a girl and the murder her bodyguard Daisy heads off to help with the investigation only to be kidnapped herself. Now she is in a time crunch to find an ancient object in order to save the kidnapped girl. I really liked Daisy as a character and this is a fun book, had I not been expecting it to go a different way I might have enjoyed it more. I liked the sweet romance between Daisy and Carson, our dark and mysterious magical boy, it was very low key and didn’t take up too much space in the story. I liked the treasure hunt aspect of the story trying to figure out what the artifact was and how to get to it first. As characters Daisy and Carson have a fun flirty banter going on that adds levity to the story. They are definitely the part of the book I liked the most.But…..then it gets whacky, there was almost too much paranormal happening all at once. The last 20% of the book was a little over the top. Sometimes I don’t care when that happens because I like the ridiculous ride so much but I never fully bought into it. It was hard for me to envision everything that was supposed to be happening because in my head all I saw was Night at the Museum. Texas Gothic was a lot more of a paranormal mystery with believable magic, Spirit and Dust has more action but way less believability. It just wasn’t what I was expecting. I do hope that Rosemary Clement might revisit the Goodnight family in the future I would love to read a story where Phin was the main character. The writing is still fun and the story progresses at a good pace. If extreme paranormal is your thing than this will probably still be a great read for you but, if you like a modicum believability in your magic maybe not so much.