Everwild - Neal Shusterman 4.5 Stars Everlost is the place where sticks and stones won’t break your bones but names can always hurt you. It is also where things that were once loved and are destroyed in the real world might find themselves almost like an echo.“Great tragedies have great consequences. They ripple through the fabric of this world and the next. When the loss is too great for either world to bear, Everlost absorbs the shock, like a cushion between the two.”I enjoyed Everlost but Everwild drew me into this world and these characters to a point that I couldn’t wait to see where the story could possibly go. Neal Shusterman has a way of showing the villain in a light where they don’t know they are the villain. Mary has no idea what she is doing is wrong, she is so caught up in her agenda she fully believes in it and is willing to make extraordinary harsh concessions to get what she wants. While some of the bad people in the book know they are bad and try to be a monster, others believe in their fanatical causes so much that they are far scarier.Again we get to see the world through Nick, Allie, Mikey and Mary’s points of view mostly. This allows more world building and understanding of Everlost without info dumping. I really enjoy the style of writing that Shusterman has employed with the small excerpts from books written now by both Mary Hightower and Allie the Outcast. This is a great way to give the reader some insight without seeming like an info dump. There is always something going on and action throughout. New characters with new abilities give added dimension to the Everlost world. Nick picks up a few new friends along the way as the Chocolate Ogre. Allie learns some lessons the hard way as friendships are made and broken. The relationship between she and Mikey is one of my favorites she is the tether that holds him to who he is. The ending was a cliffhanger so if you are like me be ready to jump into the final book the trilogy right away to see how all your favorite characters make it through. Not everyone can win and it seems that the real world is starting to feel some of the consequences of what is happening in the Everlost. Shusterman has my attention and I can’t wait to see how the story closes out.