The Dragon Heir - Cinda Williams Chima 3.5 Stars rounded upThe Dragon Heir is much a story about Madison and Jason who played roles in the Wizard Heir. This is the third book in a series that will be five books long. I have read both of Cinda Williams Chima’s series and while I prefer The Seven Realms Series this one is also a solid fantasy series. The characters are full of flaws, making good decisions and bad. Sometimes I think the pacing of the story tends to drag a bit throughout and then all the action ends up being at the end. There was a stint through the middle that seemed to stagnate but the ending was very well thought out with a few interesting reveals about the Dragon lore, Nick and Madison. “Falling in love was like falling off a cliff. It felt pretty much like flying until you hit the ground.” Madison is having some issues with power leakage after absorbing all of the Hex magic at the end of book 2. It seems to be making Seph sick, but she is keeping it a secret out of fear and is just avoiding him in hopes it will get better. Hard to be in love with someone you can’t touch for fear of killing him.“Jason felt humiliated and frustrated. Rejected by a rock.”Jason is trying to prove himself invaluable to the resistance, he isn’t extremely powerful for a wizard and sometimes becomes childish and temperamental, jealous of Seph. He found the Dragonstone a source of great power but unfortunately he has no idea how to use it. Sent back to trinity he goes on a journey with an unexpected outcome as he and Madison work together and become great friends.Jack and Ellen are training a warrior army for the battle that is sure to come and Seph is trying to hold all of trinity together in the absence of Linda and Leander. Leasha Middleton even plays a significant role in this installment.I liked the storyline of this book, the dragon lore is so interesting and the competing bad guys with their deals and double-crosses are staggering. The tension definitely built up to an epic end full of surprises Jason’s death was a huge surprise, I really thought he would come out to not be dead in the end. Unlike the endings of the other books where I saw parts coming the fate of the dragonstone was a definite twist on how I thought it would go. Not my favorite fantasy series but if you can handle a bit of a lull for a big payoff in the end I think you will really enjoy this book. The worldbuilding is fantastic and I really thought the series could have been finished at the end it seemed very well tied up.